Sunday, July 12, 2009

Smokey Mountains Cabins

Ok, first things first. I'm a frequent visitor of the Smokey Mountains

The Great Smoky Mountains near Gatlinburg, Ten...

but I'm from outside of Tennessee. Most outsiders don't realize, as I didn't, that the Smokey Mountains Cabins are not really called that...it's spelled Smoky Mountains. To this day I still spell the name wrong.

Anyway, just wanted a quick correction on that so that you can find the cabin rentals you are looking for. My favorite Smoky Mountain Retreats are located in Wares Valley. I believe Wares Valley is west of Galinburg. If you are looking for a quiet place to stay in a cabin Wares Valley is the place for you.

What I like about Wares valley is that it's only a short drive to the Smoky Mountain National Park and you don't have most of the traffic that you do coming from Gatlinburg. The valley is also quiet and friendly with the feel of how things used to be in the Smokies before it got too business.

So, if you are looking for Smokey Mountains Cabins, remember it's spelled Smoky Mountains and the best cabins are in the Wares Valley area.

No comments: